The Gateway to Milwaukee is a thriving region with much to offer including great employment opportunities. This page gives our business partners the opportunity to post job openings in our area.
To take full advantage of this new resource, please email the following information related to your employment opportunities to Laurie Siskiewitz – firstname.lastname@example.org no later than the last day of each month to make sure it is included in the following month’s updated Employment Opportunities listing. Please include the following in your email:
- Name of Business
- Job Title
- Application Deadline (if applicable)
- Job Description or if listed elsewhere online, a link to that current posting.
- Contact information for those interested in applying for the position.
We look forward to partnering with you to assist you with your employment needs.
The Gateway to Milwaukee is Hiring
Marketing & Program Manager
The Gateway to Milwaukee (GTM) is a coalition of four like-minded nonprofit entities focused on the physical and economic development of the Airport Gateway region, centered around Milwaukee’s Mitchell International Airport. These include the Airport Gateway Business Association, the Airport Gateway Business Improvement District, the Crisol Corridor Business Improvement District and the Aerotropolis Milwaukee. The GTM strives to further business and community relations, retain and attract businesses to the region, while also improving the overall image and safety of the area’s commercial corridors and surrounding communities. You can find more information related to our programs and initiatives on our website at www.gatewaytomilwaukee.com.
The Gateway to Milwaukee is currently seeking a well-qualified applicant to fill its Marketing & Program Manager position. This is an early to mid-level, professional full-time (FTE) position requiring key abilities and experience in marketing & public relations, events coordination, program development and project management.
To be considered for this position, please submit cover letter and resume, along with three (3) professional references by email only prior to 5:00pm on Tuesday, October 1st – 2019. No phone calls will be answered regarding this position.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities of the Position:
- Marketing, Outreach and Public Relations – 70%
- Maintain and develop relationships with area businesses, property owners, industry groups, and community partners on behalf of the organization.
- Develop, plan, manage, and promote organizational events such as business resource workshops, the Taste of the Gateway summer hospitality event, annual membership gathering, and other outreach efforts.
- Develop, manage, and coordinate the organization’s social media presence (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.) to promote the GTM’s core initiatives, resources, events, and business members.
- Create and update content for the organization’s websites (WordPress).
- Develop, manage and direct the creation of content for monthly e-newsletters (WordPress), in addition to multiple small-scale print publications in collaboration with graphic/web design consultants.
- Assist the Executive Director with the development and production of annual reports.
- Planning and Programming – 20%
- In coordination with the Executive Director, this position will take a lead role in the research, development, promotion, management, and assessment of key programs, projects and initiatives related to commercial corridor planning, district promotion, GTM business support services and business member relations throughout the two business improvement districts under GTM management. For general information on business improvement districts, go to City of Milwaukee BIDs.
- General Administration – 10%
- Assist the Executive Director with monthly board and committee meeting preparation, community presentations and grant program management.
Qualified applicants will possess (at minimum) the following level of experience and applicable skills:
- 2-4 year degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Public Administration, Community Development, or another related field (equivalent professional experience will be considered).
- 2 years’ combined experience working in one or more of the following areas: Marketing, Event Planning, Public Relations, Community Outreach, Nonprofits and/or Community Development related activities.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Publisher, Power Point, Excel).
- Must have access to a reliable form of personal transportation to attend meetings, visit with area businesses, and additional offsite events.
Preferred Skills and Abilities:
- Confident and engaging in a public relations setting, with the ability to interact with diverse populations (e.g. media outlets, elected officials, business owners, neighborhood residents).
- Highly professional verbal and written skills.
- Verbal fluency in both Spanish and English.
- Experience and interest utilizing software such as Constant Contact, Word Press and/or other web-based outreach tools. General knowledge of and interest in graphic design principles.
- Superb organization & time management skills. An attention to detail and the ability to multi-task essential skills for this position.
- Experience working in a nonprofit setting.
- Interest in the core principles of urban planning and community development.
Work Environment and Compensation
The Gateway to Milwaukee offers a team-oriented and supportive work environment, with the ability to adapt to the needs and aspirations of the right applicant. The position will require the ability to attend occasional evening meetings and events on behalf of the organization, with some driving required. The compensation package for this position includes a base annual salary of $40,000 (paid monthly), an employer funded monthly healthcare stipend, monthly mobile phone stipend, mileage reimbursement, and a generous vacation allocation.
The Gateway to Milwaukee will give applicants equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, disability, age, religion, sexual orientation, or any other protected basis as required by law.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 /year
Please apply on INDEED.com
Executive Director – South Suburban Chamber of Commerce
This position has been filled.